International Bill Pay
Foreign Currency Banknotes
International Bill Pay
International Bill Pay lets you pay bills quickly and easily in several different currencies. Checking account required for recurring payments and online International Bill Pay. Available in 19 currencies to more than 40 different countries by phone, chat, or in branch. Available online and as Recurring Payment Orders in Euro, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, Swiss Franc, Japanese Yen, Australian Dollar, Norwegian Krone, Polish Zloty, Swedish Krona, Romania Leu and the Czech Republic Koruna.
- One-time or recurring payments available.
- Payments go directly to payee or creditor.
- Low fees of $1.00 online and $2.00 in-branch for members
- International Bill Pay is available through Online Banking and the mobile app
*Online or mobile International Bill Pay (recurring or one-time) is available only from a Service Credit Union checking account. Automatic debits are available only to merchants in Europe. Select any day of the week to make recurring payments weekly, biweekly, monthly or quarterly. International Bill Pay incurs a $1.00 fee per online or mobile transaction and $2.00 fee per in-branch transaction for a one-time transaction. Service Credit Union is not liable for, and has no influence over the conversion rate applied to the conversion of the funds. Individual must be a member of Service Credit Union or eligible for membership.
Single Euro Payments Area
What is SEPA?
SEPA stands for Single Euro Payments Area. An IBAN, or International Bank Account Number, and BIC, or Bank Identifier Code, are part of a new European standard and an integral part of the SEPA agreement. The advantages of SEPA will make electronic transfers between European countries easier, simpler and more efficient.
What do I do?
No action is required, other than to be aware and prepared to present your International Bank Account Number (IBAN) and Bank Identifier Code (BIC) when asked when you are giving an authorization to debit your account.
How do I get my BIC?
Your Service Credit Union BIC is SCRUDE51.
How do I get my IBAN?
The 22-digit IBAN is unique to each account holder and may be obtained by visiting www.ibancalculator.com, calling our 24/7 Contact Center at 1-800-936-7730 (U.S. Toll Free) or 00800-732-8847 (International Toll Free) or by visiting your local branch office. The IBAN should be protected in the same fashion as you currently protect your account number. Your IBAN does not replace your account number.
What if I have questions?
If you have additional questions regarding SEPA, you may contact your local branch or the Foreign Exchange Department at email@example.com.
Stateside members have the ability to purchase Foreign Currency banknotes to be delivered to their local stateside branch or their home address prior to traveling abroad. Avoid the potential lines or fees of the Currency Exchange counters at the airports or train stations!
- Competitive rates
- Over 80 currencies available including Euro, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, Swiss Franc, Japanese Yen
- Fast delivery to local stateside branch or your home address (Currency cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes)
- Orders can conveniently be placed in person at any of our stateside branches or via phone and chat!* All orders placed by 3:30 pm ET will be delivered by 4:30 pm local time the next business day for branches and 8:00 pm local time for home deliveries (Monday – Friday).
Stateside members can sell Foreign Currency to their local stateside branch even if it was not originally purchased from Service Credit Union.**
- Competitive rates
- We can accept bills (no coins) from over 80 currencies as long as they are in a denomination currently in circulation.
For more information on these services, contact your local branch or call 800.936.7730.
*Any orders under $300.00 will incur a $10.00 small order processing fee.
**All Foreign Currency exchanges are subject to a $10.00 return fee if below $300.00.
V PAY* is the smart and safe way to shop in Europe and replaces major credit and debit cards which are often not accepted by European merchants.
- Transacts purchases in currencies accepted by the V PAY networks
- Order online or at any branch in Germany
- Service Checking Account required