Checking accounts make it easy to manage your finances
Your personal checking account is the hub of your financial life. Whether you write checks, use a debit card at the gas station or pay bills online, your checking account is where it all happens. At Service Credit Union, we believe personal checking should be just that—personalized to fit your needs. And with all our checking accounts, you can get paid up to two days early with direct deposit.*
Looking to move your direct deposit and automatic payments to Service Credit Union? ClickSWITCH can help make the process easy.
Everyday Checking, our free account, offers three levels of benefits: Basic, Direct Deposit and Direct Deposit +. As your relationship with us grows, so do the features and benefits. Enjoy up to .75% APR** discounts on auto, personal and motorcycle loans and up to $30 in ATM surcharge and ISA fee reimbursements***, credited to your checking account.
Compare the options and qualifications for each level below to see what is right for you.
- 1 Direct deposit in your checking account of net pay includes but is not limited to payroll deposits, social security deposits, retirement payments, and other sources of net income. Direct deposit must total at least $500 per month to qualify.
- 2 Military, military retirees and select government workers who get paid by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- 3 ATM surcharge and ISA fee refunds credited up to $30 and reimbursed to members' Primary Savings Accounts based on the current month activity and tier level. ATM surcharge fee reimbursement would apply to fees imposed by non-network ATM owners.
- 4 Loan Discounts do not apply to real estate, lines of credit, business loans, certificate or share secured consumer loans, or VISA loans. Loan discounts will only apply to loans granted after 11/1/19. Discount will be applied to the APR that a member qualifies for based on creditworthiness. Members must maintain the Tier qualifications for the life of the loan in order to keep their loan discount.
- 5 Must be 18 years old to deposit checks remotely. Members between the ages of 13 and 17 years old must have a parent/legal guardian accept the terms and conditions. Minimum 30 day membership prior to qualifying for program. Other restrictions apply.
- 6 Immediate credit of your direct deposit to your Service Credit Union (SCU) account up to two (2) business days early is based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer. SCU cannot assume any liability for not depositing these funds to your account early. Must be a member of SCU or eligible for membership.
Add your Service CU credit or debit card to your digital wallet for an easier way to pay.
Use International Bill Pay to pay foreign bills in local currencies all over the world.
Opt in to Share Transfer Overdraft Protection and avoid unnecessary fees from insufficient funds and protect your credit rating.±
Opt in to Courtesy Pay and we will cover your everyday debit card transaction overdrafts until your negative balance exceeds $25.±±
Set spending limits and protect against fraud right from your mobile app.
Easily make purchases directly from your checking account.
How much do you know about your checking account?
Financial institutions offer different types of accounts to meet consumer needs. A checking account may be an important tool to help you meet your financial goals. Learn the basic features of checking accounts, including:
- How to select, open and use a checking account
- Understanding the fees associated with checking accounts
- How to keep your checking account secure
*Immediate credit of your direct deposit to your SCU account up to two (2) business days early is based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer. SCU cannot assume any liability for not depositing these funds to your account early.
**Loan Discounts do not apply to real estate, lines of credit, business loans, certificate or share secured consumer loans, or VISA loans. Discount will be applied to the APR that a member qualifies for based on creditworthiness. Members must maintain the tier qualifications for the life of the loan in order to keep their loan discount.
***ATM surcharge and ISA fee refunds credited up to $30 and reimbursed to members’ Checking Accounts based on the current month activity and tier level. ATM surcharge fee reimbursement would apply to fees imposed by non-network ATM owners.
±With your authorization, Share Transfer Overdraft Protection (S.T.O.P.) allows us to transfer money from a share account or multiple share accounts to cover any overdrafts in your checking account for a nominal fee. See the Fee Schedule for the fee amount. Transfers will be made in $100 increments.
±±Under the Everyday Debit Courtesy Pay option, a $30 overdraft fee will be assessed per presentment of one-time debit card and ATM transactions of $15.01 or more. For both our standard Courtesy Pay offering and our Everyday Debit Courtesy Pay option, the following additional terms and conditions apply: You will be charged a fee each time a transaction is presented for payment, even if the same transaction is presented for payment multiple times. Courtesy pay is only permitted on one checking account per membership. The checking account will not become eligible for Courtesy Pay until 30 days after the initial deposit to the checking account. Fiduciary accounts including Trust, Estate and Escrow accounts are not eligible for Courtesy Pay. You have 33 days to pay your negative balance before you will no longer be considered in good standing with Service Credit Union. We reserve the right not to pay an item, at our discretion. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing or you have previously had an excessive number of overdrafts, also at our discretion. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined and subject to the returned item/insufficient funds fee listed on our Fee Schedule. Overdraft transfers and fees are activated based on your available balance, which may be less than your current balance, depending on pending charges, holds and pledges on your account. Courtesy Pay will not cover overdrafts that cause the Checking account to exceed a negative balance of more than $1,000, including any prior fees assessed. All fees subject to change based on our current Fee Schedule. Additional restrictions may apply. See Account Agreement and Disclosure for more information.
CardValet is a registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
Visa is a registered trademark of the Visa International Service Association.
Fitbit Pay is a trademark of Fitbit, Inc.
Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd.