Checking accounts make it easy to manage your finances
Your personal checking account is the hub of your financial life. Whether you write checks, use a debit card at the gas station or pay bills online, your checking account is where it all happens. At Service Credit Union, we believe personal checking should be just that—personalized to fit your needs. And with all our checking accounts, you can get paid up to two days early with direct deposit.*
Looking to move your direct deposit and automatic payments to Service Credit Union? ClickSWITCH can help make the process easy.
Everyday Checking, our free account, offers three levels of benefits: Basic, Direct Deposit and Direct Deposit +. As your relationship with us grows, so do the features and benefits. Enjoy up to .75% APR** discounts on auto, personal and motorcycle loans and up to $30 in ATM reimbursements***. Compare the options and qualifications for each level below to see what is right for you.
- 1 Military, military retirees and select government workers who get paid by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- 2 Out of Network ATM Surcharge Fees refers to ATM fees imposed by an ATM owner when the ATM is outside of our network. Our ATM Rebates would apply to those fees imposed by non-network ATM owners.
- 3 Loan Discounts do not apply to real estate, lines of credit, business loans, certificate or share secured consumer loans, or VISA loans. Loan discounts will only apply to loans granted after 11/1/19. Discount will be applied to the APR that a member qualifies for based on creditworthiness. Members must maintain the Tier qualifications for the life of the loan in order to keep their loan discount.
- 4 Must be 18 years old to deposit checks remotely. Members between the ages of 13 and 17 years old must have a parent/legal guardian accept the terms and conditions. Minimum 30 day membership prior to qualifying for program. Other restrictions apply.
- 5 Immediate credit of your direct deposit to your Service Credit Union (SCU) account up to two (2) business days early is based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer. SCU cannot assume any liability for not depositing these funds to your account early. Must be a member of SCU or eligible for membership.
Make payments with a tap of your Apple Watch®, Android Wear™, Fitbit™ or Garmin™ by connecting your Service Credit Union credit or debit card to your mobile app.
Pay bills quickly and easily in 18 different currencies, and 40 different countries.
Opt in to Share Transfer Overdraft Protection and avoid unnecessary fees from insufficient funds and protect your credit rating.±
Opt in to Courtesy Pay and we will cover your everyday debit card transaction overdrafts until your negative balance exceeds $25.±±
This mobile app helps you monitor your accounts, set spending limits and protect against fraud.
Easily make purchases directly from your checking account.
*Immediate credit of your direct deposit to your SCU account up to two (2) business days early is based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer. SCU cannot assume any liability for not depositing these funds to your account early.
**Loan Discounts do not apply to real estate, lines of credit, business loans, certificate or share secured consumer loans, or VISA loans. Discount will be applied to the APR that a member qualifies for based on creditworthiness. Members must maintain the tier qualifications for the life of the loan in order to keep their loan discount.
***ATM refunds credited up to $30 based on the current month activity and tier level.
±With your authorization, Share Transfer Overdraft Protection (S.T.O.P.) allows us to transfer money from a share account or multiple share accounts to cover any overdrafts in your checking account for a nominal fee. See the Fee Schedule for the fee amount. Transfers will be made in $100 increments.
±±Member is eligible for courtesy pay (overdraft program) 30 days after the initial deposit to the checking account. A $30 overdraft fee will be assessed per item. Fee is waived for everyday debit and ATM transaction overdrafts until your account balance exceeds $25, if you opt in. A fee may be imposed for covering overdrafts created by check, in-person withdrawal, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) debits including International Bill Pay transactions. You have 33 days to pay your negative balance before you will be considered no longer in good standing with Service Credit Union. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing or you have too many overdrafts. Overdraft transfers and fees are activated based on your available balance, which may be less than your current balance, depending on pending charges, holds and pledges on your account.
CardValet is a registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
Visa is a registered trademark of the Visa International Service Association.
Fitbit Pay is a trademark of Fitbit, Inc.
Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd.