We’ve heard from you and gathered our most frequently asked questions to help you get your answers faster.
To download a printable form for deposit, withdrawal, transfer or payment, please click here.
There are four ways in which you can make a payment to Service Credit Union:
- Over the phone (with a $10 fee*): Dial 1.800.936.7730 (U.S.) or 00800.4728.2000 (International)
- Through online banking**
- In any Service Credit Union or Shared Branching location. Click here to find a branch near you.
- Through the mail: PO Box 1268, Portsmouth, NH 03802
Learn more by watching our video.
In online banking, select “Pay a Bill,” and choose whether you are paying a U.S. or International Bill.
If using the mobile app, select “Bill Pay” from your options list.
Select “pay” from top list of options to schedule a payment.
Choose where the payment is coming from, and then select the payee from your checking account, and select amount.
Select payee and date, and schedule as a one-time or repeat transfer.
To activate your new card, please call 800.992.3808.
Yes, the new renewal card will keep the same PIN as the expiring card.
Depending on the nature of your dispute, you may be required to block your card and get a new card number. If there is fraudulent activity on your credit or debit card, you will be required to block the card per VISA rules. If you are filing a dispute for something other than fraud (e.g. non-receipt of merchandise or services, credit not processed or incorrect amount processed), you will not be required to block the card.
Up to 10 business days.
I’m traveling next month and want to ensure my credit card is available to use on my trip. What do I need to do?
Please contact your local Service Credit Union branch or our Contact Center at 1.800.936.7730 (U.S.) or 00800.4728.2000 (International) to update your account with your dates and location of travel.
$1000.00 USD (or the foreign currency equivalent).***
The charge that is waived when using a surcharge-free ATM is the fee that the owner of the ATM charges. The $2.00 fee is assessed by Service Credit Union when a member uses a non-Service Credit Union ATM. Depending on the checking account you have, you may have up to 5 of the $2.00 fees waived per month. Please click here for more information.
What non-Service Credit Union branches can I make transactions at?
Today, members can conduct Service Credit Union transactions at 5,000 shared branch locations and nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide. Make deposits, withdrawals, transfers, account inquiries and other transactions at convenient locations near work, home, shopping and travel locations. Please click here to see a list of locations.
Click here to view our current Fee Schedule to view our current Fee Schedule.
Updating/Closing an Account
I recently lost a loved one that has a Service Credit Union account. How should I handle closing their account?
Please click here for full details regarding the closing of a loved one’s account.
We know that as part of your military life, you don’t always know where you’ll be next. That’s why we offer special services to make life easier both stateside and overseas.
- Shared Branching and Convenient ATMs – In addition to our 50 branches in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, North Dakota and Germany, members can conduct transactions at over 5,000 shared branch locations as part of the CO-OP Network. Members also have access to more than 85,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide through our partnerships with the CO-OP and Allpoint Networks.
- Readiness Pack – This pack combines a personal loan of up to $2,500 with a starter credit card to help you start establishing your credit, while giving you the funds you need for moving expenses, consolidating your bills or anything else you may need.****
- International Bill Pay – Set up automatic bill payments in a variety of local currencies.
- No ISA Fees on Credit Cards – Use any of our credit cards abroad without worrying about international Visa® charges.
*A $10 fee will be charged for each loan payment made from a financial institution other than Service Credit Union when requested over the phone.
**If transferring from another financial institution through online banking, additional terms and conditions apply. Please go to the Move Money->External Transfers link through your online banking for more information.
***Limit may be less if SCU network is temporarily unavailable. Terminals not owned by SCU, which may be accessed by your debit card, may have additional limitations.
***To qualify for Readiness Pack, PCS orders or deployment orders to any overseas duty station are required. Returnees to U.S. installations and temporary duty assignments are not eligible. Loan application must be received within 120 days before or after the members reporting date to new assignment. Membership is required with direct deposit (not allotment). An instant issue Visa credit card with a limit between $500 and $1,000 will be provided along with the personal loan. The personal loan amount is not to exceed $2,500. Amount of the personal loan and the credit card limit cannot exceed $3,000. (Example $1,000 credit card limit and a $2,000 personal loan = $3000) Term restrictions apply. Subject to loan approval.
Card Valet is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc.
Visa is a registered trademark of the Visa International Service Association.